Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 28, 2012

My reflux baby


Despite his reflux, my Bryant is a smiley baby. I have so many pictures of him smiling, unlike his koko.

He was diagnosed with reflux when he was just 6 weeks old. No tests was done. It was mainly based on my "reports and observations" that the doctor made the diagnosis. Here are the symptoms that made me quite certain that my B was suffering from reflux, even before I stepped into the doctor's clinic. Of course I had already consulted with my faithful old friend - the internet!!

- hiccups long after feeds
- constant hiccups
- milk dribbling out from mouth and spit-ups. No vomitting though
- wanting to constantly suckle but would fuss and cry at the breast as he only wanted comfort. Not milk.
- arching his back every now and then
- difficulty sleeping, only catnapping during the day. Even when carried, he still catnaps.
- occassional sudden cry, as if in pain

The doctor put him on medication, Losec Omeprazole and Motilium. I was asked to observe B and report back to the doctor regarding any change in his condition. From there, the doctor would be able to confirm his diagnosis.

After two weeks on medication, B improved. So now, he is on medication everyday, till we visit the doctor again in a month's time. In the meantime, I also bring him to the chiropractor every week, when possible. At 3.5 months, his condition seemed to have improved and I hope that he will get well completely and would not need any more medication. Dear God, please bless my B with good health and heal him of his reflux completely. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment