Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

My recent goal.....

.......is to teach my son how to ride the bicycle.

We did not buy him a tricycle as we figured he'd outgrow it very soon. I know it's much easier to push the handle from behind with his feet at the pedals, so that he'd get the hang of it. I have heard moms telling me that it's much easier for them to learn that way. However, to save cost, we bought him a big bicycle, which should last him till he is 6 yo.

Went to Carrefour to have a look but the bikes don't look good. Rough finishing and doesn't look stable. Headed to Toys R Us and hubby OK-ed this bicycle. SGD139!!! Children's things ain't cheap huh?

The cheeky knows how to move his feet in a cycling motion. However, he moves it backwards, instead of forward. So, my aim now is to get him to cycle forward, so that the bicycle will move forward, instead of staying stationary. Problem is, this boy can be too independent at times. He doesn't want mummy around helping him. That's my obstacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment