Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

His first day at big school

Since we are neither Singaporeans nor PRs, chances of our boys getting into a local school of our choice is very slim. Thus, we enrolled Joshie in international school in 2010, and Bryant was subsequently enrolled two months ago. Wait any longer and Bryant would have been on wait list. I know, Bryant was hardly 1 when we registered him. 

I had a prep talk with J about big school, and gave him a lot of assurance that all will be fine. It helped that a few of his playschool friends had also started international school in the past few months so I could use them as examples to motivate him. 

His big school had also organized a 1 hour orientation in November so he was quite familiar with the classroom environment. 

This is my firstborn on his first day. We were on our way to school. I could tell he was excited, yet a little nervous. 


His classroom. Parents were not allowed to stay, even though it was their first day. We were asked to keep our goodbyes simple. Joshie teared a bit but I gave him a hug and reassured him I would return very soon. Luckily there were a lot of toys to distract him. 


Dismissal time. I was so glad to see a happy happy face. Even happier when my son said 'I like big school, mummy. School was fun'. 




No comments:

Post a Comment