Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Japan - Day 6 to 7

Hubby had meetings to attend to on day 6 and 7 so it was just Joshie & I exploring Tokyo. I had initially planned to take the train to either Shibuya or Harajuku to do some shopping but after our not-so-good experience at the stations, I think it'd be tough for me. I forgot whether I had mentioned that we had to carry Joshie in his stroller up and down the stairs a couple of times as there were no elevators or escalators around. Not very stroller friendly.

Therefore, I decided that we should just stay in Ginza. Joshie was up early so I strapped him in his stroller and off we went to Hibiya park. It's not a very huge park but the flowers were very pretty. Colourful and cheery! Kinda reminds me of Carlton Garden in Melbourne!


Oh and this is something which I found really useful in Japan. A child seat in the toilet. Just "dump" your kid (max weight 20kg) in the chair and do your business (big or small =P) in peace. Haha. I was so happy that I could wee-wee in peace. No need to shout at Joshie not to touch this and that!

Basically, we spent day 6 and 7 just walking around Ginza. Didn't do much shopping as Ginza is a "rich city" as mentioned by my Japanese friend. Everywhere you go, you'll see branded names popping out. Chanel, Burberry, Hermes, LV etc etc..............The clothes in the department stores were also pricey so I didn't bother trying! In the end, I only shopped at Uniqlo and Gap. Spent quite a lot of money but the clothes at these two shops were decently priced.
Oh, and I brought Joshie to the Hakuhinkan Toy park. Eight storeys altogether but only the first 5 floors contain toys. We didn't explore beyond the 5th floor but apparently, there are restaurants on the 6th and 7th floor and a theatre on the eighth.
Here are a few pictures of Joshie at the toy park.






No comments:

Post a Comment