Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 6, 2010

Bali - Day 1

The hubs had to attend a conference in Bali last week. So the cheeky and I packed our bags and followed too =) Hehe, I've never been to Bali before so better grab this opportunity.

By the time we arrived at Conrad hotel in Tanjung Benoa (near Nusa Dua), it was already evening. After checking in, we quickly got into the car and headed over to Jimbaran. I know the best place to watch the sun setting is Tanah Lot but it's way too far for us. Moreover, there's nothing much to do there other than watching the sunset. Thought of heading over to Cafe Menega for our dinner as I've read good reviews from the internet. However, the driver recommended Jimbaran Bay Seafood (JBS), which according to him was nearer too. Without thinking much, I agreed as I was worried that we'd miss the sunset. It was already close to 6pm then.

The spectacular scenery. This cafe's not too crowded and the beach is clean too.

Joshie was so excited when he saw the sand and immediately took off his shoes =)

A family picture

Bought this grilled sweet corn from one of the beach vendors. I actually read about grilled sambal sweet corn in Bali before but since we were sharing it with Joshie, I told the hubs to buy a non-spicy one. It turned out to be sweet.........and it was really delicious too!


Our dinner - grilled prawns, fish and clams and deep fried calamari. It was a set dinner and it came with chicken soup and sambal kangkung too. So how was the food?????? Not nice! Disappointing in fact. I was regretting my decision to listen to the driver! Should have gone to Cafe Menega! And it wasn't cheap too. Costs us IDR800k +++++.

So did we patronize Cafe Menega? If yes, how was the food? Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. wow, bali holiday? that's awesome. you guys are so lucky to have so many vacations in a year :D

    ReplyDelete