Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 12, 2011

God's protection on my 2 Js

Last Sunday, it was raining heavily in the morning. We were watching tv as we usually skip church when it pours. It is quite a distance to walk from the roadside where our car is parked to church and there is no sheltered drop-off area. The church is working on that though.

The wind was so strong (coupled with the fact that we live on the 25th floor) that our foldable clothes line fell and blocked the doorway which separates the kitchen and laundry area. Hubby put it back properly and we continued watching tv.

Before long, it happened again. This time, my curious son who was no longer engrossed in his toys went to check out what had happened and came back to tell us that "something dropped". The minute he finished talking, we heard a loud smashing sound and saw bits and pieces of glass all over our kitchen floor. The wind had blown our kitchen door shut and the impact of the door hitting the clothes line had caused the glass to be broken. Our kitchen door has a wooden rim with see-through glass in the middle. I was so shocked and realised the severity of the situation had Joshie not ran out in time. I quickly hugged my little son tight and whispered a grateful prayer to God. Hubby asked me to bring Joshie into our room while he and the maid tidied up. It was a mess as there was glass everywhere.

When we were in the room, it dawned on me also that had the door slammed a little later, hubby might have walked into the kitchen to pick up the clothes line and the broken glass would have hit him directly on the face. Either way, it might have been either hubby or Joshie injured. And we would have to rush either one to the hospital. It was really God's perfect timing and protection that both my Js are safe and sound. I thank Him daily for always watching over me and my loved ones. I can't always be there for them but I can always count on Him.

1 comment:

  1. God has always been watching and protecting you and all your Js and the little bun too. Thank God, amen!

    ReplyDelete