Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Nasty words

I dislike certain words/phrases that come out of my son's mouth.

"I don't like anyone/ so and so"

"I want to chop him/beat him!"

"I want to call police to catch him and put him into jail"

"I don't like him/her. Mummy, I want you to kill him/her"

The last phrase really shocked me.
I think he picked up these words/phrases from his friends as we don't say such things at home. Moreover, I do screen whatever he watches so I guess it's peer influence. However, it just dawned on me that it could due to be books too. I've just recalled the story about the little mermaid which my mom recently read to him. In that story, the mermaid's sisters had asked the little mermaid to kill the prince and make sure that his blood falls on his feet so that her life will be spared.

I know that at the tender age of 34 months, he does not yet know the severity of the words that he utters. It is my duty as his mother to teach him, correct him and guide him along the right path. But sometimes, I am totally at a lost. Don't know whether I reacted appropriately when he mentions those nasty words. I guess I just have to trust in God and believe that He will always guide me in parenting my kids.



1 comment:

  1. oh Ashley says all the above and i am not happy about this. i've told her many times that she shouldn't be saying all these nasty words but she still does it once in a while :( i think when they truly understand what these words mean, they will stop using them.

    ReplyDelete