Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"Is he your child? But you look so young!"

Young? I am already 27 and I am certain that I don't look younger my age. Yet, I have strangers asking me if Joshie is my son. Doesn't he look like my son? I know he resembles hubby a lot (some people even say he's a photocopy of hubby) but don't I look like the mother?

Last month, I received this comment 4 times, in just a span of 10 days. Strangers whom I brushed shoulders with at the car park/shopping mall/market/gym seem surprised that he is my son and they are even more surprised upon learning that i take care of him full time. 2 weeks ago, someone asked if I am even 22 years old! And yesterday, the trainer at the gym says I look like a student instead of a mother. Gosh!

I guess we are at a age where marrying and having kids after 30 is the norm. That's why people are surprised that Joshie is my child.

7 comments:

  1. Joshua's mummy, that sounds very much like a compliment lar!! Ppl must be amazed that you still able to retain youth, maintain youth despite being a SAHM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You.Are.Young.
    Exactly, take it as a compliment....i would be very happy if i hear that. hahha

    ReplyDelete
  3. you looked really young and youthful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, you don't look like you have a child already :D wish someone would say that about me :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are young.. and Yes, the 30 only become mother has becoming the new trend.. and this is a complement to you!!! hehehe...

    You are a good example of those younger generation now.. coz some of them, still depending on their parents... and you already a parent!! How nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, yeah it's a compliment and I should be elated....
    Simpleyetcomplicated, being a SAHM can b very stressful huh? especially when baby is crabby =)
    Adele, u better get married and have babies quickly....the 3 mothers(yr mom, god-ma and MIL) will b very happy.
    Hui Hui, thanx for the compliment. You are a blogger too? what's yr blog add?
    Barb, i hope ppl will say tat too a few yrs down the road....
    Cynthia, thanks for saying i am a good example...=) yeah, actually i am v blessed to have a good hubby who can support me too, else i can't be a SAHM and enjoy every moment with my baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yup, it's at http://bblucas.blogspot.com/ and http://hui2hui.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete