Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Neglected blog

Have been really busy of late. Actually, for the past one month. Since we came back from our Australia trip, time seemed to have flew really fast. So what have I been busy with?

1) Busy nursing a runny nose - I suspect I am allergic to something. This is because my nose is runny off and on. My cold doesn't get worse, it's actually quite mild but very irritating at times. Went to see the ENT, had the skin allergy test done but since I was taking antihistamines few days before I went to see him, the test didn't work! =( The ENT should have asked whether I've been taking any antihistamines before performing the test right? So I paid $400 plus and walked out of the clinic without solving my problem!!!!!!!

2) School registration for Joshua - I know, I know, he just turned 2! So why am I talking about school now? Few months ago, hubby and I found out that if we wanted to send Joshie to a local government school, we'd only be able to apply 2 months before the commencement of Primary 1. Singaporean parents would start applying for schools for their children the year they turn 5. However, since we are not citizens nor PRs, we have to wait till the local children are allocated to the schools and then only apply to schools which still have empty slots. Risky right? Thus, we decided on international school. Hubby's colleague recommended UWC but the waiting list was just too long so the final option for us was St Joseph International, after ruling out Chinese International School. So we went to the school and paid a registration fees of $1,070 for him to commence K1 in 2013.

3) Maid hunt - With the hubs travelling so often, we are hiring a maid. At least there'll be another adult in the house. Have been looking at Filipino maids from two agencies and finally chose one. Salary is $350 plus a foreign levy of nearly $200. She gets one day off every month. Had to do some online test as we are first time employers and tomorrow, I'll be meeting the agent to do some paperwork. Hopefully, this maid will be ok and not give us any problems.

4) Planning for our impromptu holiday - This one is really unplanned. The hubs will be in Bali for a conference so the little cheeky and I are tagging along. Hehe, I have never been to Bali so this is a good chance.

OK, gonna settle some maid-related stuff now. Will blog after our holiday =)

2 comments:

  1. oh boy that was very unprofessional of the ENT. I would give them a piece of my mind for making me spend $400 for nothing :) hope your allergy problem will be solved soon. hey, i always thought that a filipino maid is very expensive. the levy is one time fee or every month? have a nice holiday in Bali :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I thought of telling him off but wasn't sure if it was a good idea.....SIGH...........The levy is to be paid every month! Here in Singapore, the salary between Indon and Filipino maids are nearly the same..........difference of maybe 100-300?

    ReplyDelete