Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Joshie's first major fall

On Father's Day, my little boy had his first major fall when we were shopping at Paragon, Orchard Road. I was browsing through the clothes at Gant which had a discount of 40% storewide when I heard a loud "thud" followed by wailing. I quickly turned back and saw hubby carrying Joshie who was wailing on top of his lungs. According to hubby, they were both sitting on the sofa in front of the fitting rooms. Hubby had just turned his head for just a second and Joshie fell to the floor. It happened too quickly and he was not sure if Joshie had hit his head.

For a moment, I was upset with hubby, as in how could he have turned his head away from Joshie? But then, that could have happened to me too. Joshie is so so so hyperactive and refuses to sit still, even for one second. Even when he is eating, he would be moving.The only time he doesn't move much is when he is asleep. That is why I am very apprehensive about leaving my boy at a daycare/babysitter. Anyway, I have not gotten a job yet so I am not worrying about that yet.

To cut the long story short, Joshie quitened down when I carried him. We figured that the injury wasn't that bad after all and decided to observe first instead of rushing to the hospital. He was his usual active self and when hubby put him on the sofa at Gant again, he seemed to have "forgotten" about his recent fall and started moving towards the edge of the sofa again. My, my. Seems like he is not fearful at all.

We adjourned to Lawry's for our dinner and during dinner he was so so so active, which made hubby and I so so so relieved and happy. For once, we didn't bother asking him to tone down when he babbled at the top of his voice. Hubby felt so bad about the whole incident till he had a headache! My heart was crushed too when I saw a bluish reddish mark appearing on his forehead but I was asking myself, which kid doesn't fall? We were thankful to God for watching over our little boy. Even though he had a fall, it wasn't a serious one and I know that God is watching over my little one. We as parents will not be able to be by his side all the time but we can always trust that God will always be there for him.

Hubby was still worried after Joshie had gone to bed and kept on asking me to check on him. This is so unlike him. He himself also went in to check on his little precious before he retired for the night.

2 comments:

  1. boys are remain boys.. they may not "manja" badly if the fall is not severe.. but still "oouch" for papa and mama.. well, this is a way of him giving a gift to papa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i think he will always remember this Father's Day....haha. Joshie is still hyperactive and daring today

    ReplyDelete