Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Joshua's daily schedule

This is Joshie's schedule:

7ish am : Wake up
8am : Milk (7oz Enfalac A+)
9am : Breakfast (usually 4 tbsps of barley/oatmeal cereal mixed with milk and 3 tsps homemade fruit puree OR 1 little tub of yoghurt + 1-2 pieces baby biscuits)
9:40am : Bath
10:15am : Morning nap (usually 45-60 minutes)
11:15am : Wake and play
12:15pm : Lunch (6 tbsps organic brown rice cereal+5 tsps homemade fruit puree+ 1-2 tbsps mashed fruit OR a combination of 5 tbsps of mashed sweet potato/pumpkin/chicken/fish + 1-2 tbsps mashed fruit)
1:00pm : Playtime
2:30pm: Afternoon nap (usually 50-80 minutes)
3:45 pm: Milk (8 oz Enfalac A+)
4:00pm : Playtime/Shopping/Visiting friends
5:15pm : Catnap of 20 minutes (if he did not sleep well during the afternoon nap)
6:30pm : Dinner (a bowl of porridge[chicken+vege]+2 tbsps mashed vege/fruit OR a bowl of pasta with mashed sweet potato/pumpkin + 2 tbsps mashed fruit)
7:45pm : Bedtime routine
8:05pm : Milk (8.5 oz Isomil)
8:30pm : Sleep

I am one thankful mummy that he has been sleeping through the night for the past 10 days. He used to wake up once for a feed (around 5am) for the past 3 months but I have managed to wean him off that feed. I know of some breastfed babies who started sleeping through at 8 weeks old (they lasted 7-8 hours between feeds) but there are also babies who still wake up at night to drink milk when they are 2 years old. I guess every child is different even if the parents have read the same parenting books and applied the same method.

As for Joshie, there were nights when he wakes up 2-3 times, not to feed, but just for attention. He would quieten down whenever hubby or I carried him but would start wailing again when we put him down in his cot. So we decided that the best plan was to ignore him. We would hide behind the covers and cover our heads with our pillows but he would still fuss for at least an hour before going back to sleep. Our next step was to put him in his own room. I was pretty worried the first 3 nights and would check on him very often, even when he does not cry. But I learned to relax and after 3 nights, he is happily sleeping on his own.

7 comments:

  1. wow.. how nice Joshua has been wean off at night feed... my little Princess will wakes up a few times for attention too.. and once I giver her the breast, she will keep quiet and go to sleep again.. but she did not really disturb me la.. coz she suck and I will sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are one lucky mum..i have heard much worse cases...
    and yea, since i dont have daddy's email and phone num...wish him a very happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia, I think princess will be able to reduce her night feeds once she starts solids =) Hang in there.
    Pei Ying, your bro says "thanks".....anyway, to him birthdays are no big deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shir Lin... I just realized that this is your blog :D Joshua is looking so much like Jeff eh? And he drinks so much milk! Can Joshua walk? He looks tough! When r u guys coming bk to KL? We hope to see you, Jeff and Joshua soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shireen. Josh is a mini Jeff =) Does he drink a lot of milk? He is only drinking slightly above the minimum requirement for his age which is 20oz. And no, he can't walk yet. Busy crawling and cruising. We are only going back sometime aug/sept

    ReplyDelete
  6. to my bro who thinks birthday is not a big deal, his sis-me, birthday is coming up, and it is a BIG DEAL to me........you two should know what to do.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pei Ying, I will let him know...........but he won't do anything about it. Even I don't get a present on my birthday!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete