Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

My 18 month old helper

He's my little helper and his "skills" are improving. Hehe, look at the way he mops the floor........


Can pass right? =)
Whenever he spills water on the floor, he'd say "Oh no, wet!" and then run to the kitchen to get the cloth to wipe. Sometimes, when the door to the laundry area is open, he'd get the mop.
At 18 months, he understands instructions pretty well. He can throw rubbish without being asked, but sometimes I have to check the dustbin to see if he has thrown away our belongings! =P
He can also put the dirty clothes in the laundry basket and also into the washing machine.
His speech is improving too. He can say many words now: nose, mouth, ear, head, wet, drop, throw, eh-den (elephant), fish, pork, etc....I can't remember them now. And he gave me a surprise today when he managed to read the word "elephant".
Recently, he has been calling me "ma-mee" more often than before although he still seems to prefer "mama". He is also calling hubby "dar-dee" now!
He is a very determined little boy. Will persevere to get what he wants. I blogged earlier on regarding his sleeping problem. I am still in the midst of training him. It was so much easier when he was younger and not so determined! Sigh, Joshie, please sleep through the night again, ok.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha..he is really good at his job :D are you training him to sleep on his own? I haven't done that to mine...too lazy :( hopefully she'll move out to her own room before she turns 18...hehehhehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. barb, he was trained to sleep on his own when he was 8 months old =P But dunno why recently he wants company again

    ReplyDelete