Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Goodbye 2010

I know, it's already the 4th day of the new year and I still haven't said goodbye properly to good old 2010. Just a short post for me to recap 2010.

2010 was a year of traveling for us. We did not intend to travel to so many countries but somehow, we have. Mainly because the hubs and I discovered that the little cheeky is quite a good traveller. We first brought him to Hong Kong when he was just 15 months old. It wasn't easy, BUT it was much easier than I had imagined. From a boy who wouldn't even sit in the stroller, he surprised me by taking his nap in the stroller without any fuss. We then became more adventurous and planned a family trip to Australia. Little did we know that before we even booked our tickets to Aust, the hubs had to go to Japan for work. So cheeky and I tagged along. We came back in good shape (not over-exhausted like how some other moms describe their holiday with their tots) and continued to visit Australia and Bali before the year came to an end.

2010 was also a year where I got to discipline and train my toddler better. Although some moms have told me that it's easier to train babies, I choose to concur. I only managed to sleep train Joshie when he was a baby. Other things - FAILED!!!! He wouldn't sit in the stroller nor the playpen; thus I had no time for myself. I remember rushing through housework like a mad woman. Potty training also failed; no matter how hard I tried, he just wouldn't poo in the potty. But 2010 saw my toddler transitioning from a baby cot to a single bed with little fuss, sitting in the stroller while I shop, playing independently and being potty trained (no diapers during the day). I am now a much more sane mom! Hahaha........more ME time and less stress. I have even gone for a pedicure and a massage with Joshie.

2010 was also a year of numerous visits to the doctor! My little boy came down with a cold practically every month. I was just so fed up feeding him medicine. Well, we finally discovered the root of the problem in September - his allergy to dust mites; and since then, we've managed to control the occurence of a cold to a certain extent.

2010 was also a year where the hubs was away from us very often. His business trips are very frequent although he might not be away for long - maybe 3-4 days on average. Except for his longest trip to B, which was 10 days. I used to get stressed up in the beginning because coincidentally, the cheeky would fall sick each time the hubs is not around. My worst nightmare was him waking up every 45 minutes on average throughout the whole night, with a fever that hovers around 39C plus, even with panadol. I even brought him to A&E!!! Sickness aside, cheeky also seems to know that daddy's not around. He'd be cranky and at times, would cry for daddy. Thank God he's much better now, he seems to understand that daddy's only away for a short while and would be back. It helps that he can now talk to daddy on the phone.

Ok, that's all for 2010 I guess. Happy New Year, folks!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family. May 2011 be a better year filled with happiness, good health and prosperity :)

    ReplyDelete