Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

Joshie at school


I enrolled Joshie for the Leap Kids Program at LeapSchoolHouse. The program is conducted thrice weekly (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) from 9 to 12:30pm.

As we only came back to Singapore on Monday, he missed the first lesson. I've been drilling into his head that he is now a big boy and has to go to school on his own. He nodded his head and also repeated after me that he will be brave and won't cry. Since Wednesday was his first day, the teacher asked me to bring him into the classroom first. When we were there, I pointed out to him that all the other kids are on their own, without mummy or daddy. I think he got a bit worried and stuck to me like a leech. Wanted to sit on me all the time. Slowly, I managed to get him to play with some blocks and then took the opportunity to slip out of the room. I peeped through and saw him looking for me. Walked towards the door and started crying already. I then left him with the teachers and did my own stuff. When I picked him up at 12:30pm, he was ok. I was quite worried that he'd be crying throughout the whole 3 plus hours. But according to teacher, he only cried for 5-10 minutes and began participating in classroom activities.

On Friday, he dilly dallied the whole morning before school. Made excuses when I wanted to dress him up for school. Told me he wants to wear his Thomas pyjamas...........After much coaxing, I managed to get him dressed. He was ok on the way to school. However, when we got off the lift at the 9th floor, he dragged his feet and told me he wanted to go to toilet. So I brought him even though he has just peed like 15 minutes ago. Went to school and he immediately bawled when he saw the teachers. Told me he wanted to go to toilet again.......brought him there again.........and then back to school. Carried him into classroom and he was still bawling. So I decided to just pass him to teacher. Walked out of classroom and the next minute, he stopped crying.

So what should I do next Monday? Just pass him to teacher and leave! Hope he will not cry anymore........

1 comment:

  1. yes you should do that. But maybe by next monday he wont cry anymore

    ReplyDelete