Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Homemade playdough


Here's Joshie playing with his homemade playdough. Three colours in all - yellow, blue and pink. There was supposed to be a green one too but I don't know why I couldn't unscrew the bottle cap no matter how hard I tried.

Why homemade playdough? Well, we bought him a playdough set several months ago, PlayDoh brand I think. I find that there's a certain strong chemical smell and even though the label says it is non-toxic, I don't feel very comfortable letting my toddler play with them. No matter how I scrub his hands, there's bound to be bits and pieces stuck in his fingernails and it's not easy for me to clean his fingernails due to his resistance! So, there has been no playdough session for Joshie for quite a while already. I've found an online recipe several weeks ago but it was only last week that I finally, FINALLY "converted" the recipe to playdough!!!!! Lazy, lazy mummy!

Here's the recipe in case you are keen to make your own playdough.

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 cup warm water
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon oil
1/4 cup salt
food colouring

Method:
Combine all ingredients except food colouring in a saucepan. Stir under medium heat till smooth. Then remove from heat.
Knead until smooth.
Divide into as many portions as you like and add food colouring.

No comments:

Post a Comment