Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Is he too young to go to school at 2 yrs 3 months?

All this while, I thought that kids only start nursery the year they turn 4. So I was rather surprised when I checked out a few kindergartens two weeks ago and found out that N2 (Nursery 2) begins the year they turn 3. Which is next year for Joshie. Since he is born towards the end of the year, he'll only be slightly over 2 when the school term begins next year.

After a little read-up on the internet, I've narrowed down to these few kindergartens and will be viewing them soon:

1) Barker Road Methodist Church Kindergarten
2) Paya Lebar Methodist Church Kindergarten; and
3) Calvary Baptist Church Kindergarten.

However, I don't think Joshie stands a chance of getting into Kindy #1 as we are #30 on the waiting list. So that leaves Kindy #2 and #3.

But now, I am having second thoughts about sending him to school so early. N2 runs 5 days a week and each session lasts for 3 hours! I am actually more keen on sending him to school only 2-3 days at a start. The current playschool that he attends has thrice a week sessions for 3-4 year olds and I am more comfortable with that. The only thing is that local kindergartens are much cheaper than all this high-end schools. Hmnn, so how? What do you peeps think?

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, i send manfred when he is 30months old.
    Manfred like Joshie, born year end.
    I prefer send kid when they are verbal.
    At least till they can tell you things they see, do
    Or how they being treated..(i have to know
    If henis being mistreated he would know how to tell me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm...very long hours for a young kid if you ask me :) i only send ashley to kindy at the age of 4 cos i reckon that 3 years in kindy is good enough as there's a long road ahead of her :D

    ReplyDelete