Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Naughty minds think alike


A picture of Joshie and his playmate, Oscar. They were watching Elmo when this picture was taken.

Two days ago, both boys decided to open the car door when the vehicle was still in motion. Uh-oh!!!!!! Trouble! They were in separate cars but somehow, their naughty minds are connected! Hahaha...........they probably don't know the consequences of their actions, so both mummies are to be blame. Thank God nothing serious happened.

Okay, so what happened? We were already in the car park when I realised that the interior lights of the car were switched on. I don't know the correct term but it's the lights that indicates that one of the car doors is opened. Luckily I was already parking the car and so I got down and checked Joshie's door. Yes, the cheeky had already opened the door. Thank God I was driving very slowly in the car park, so nothing happened. I told myself again and again that I always have to REMEMBER to LOCK the car doors. I thought nothing about this incident until I saw Elke's facebook status two hours later.

Her status said that she nearly lost Oscar out of the taxi. Quickly texted her and found out that that little boy had also opened the taxi door. Luckily Elke was wearing a seat belt and was holding Oscar when the taxi turned a corner and the door flung open! She reacted really quickly! Reached out to shut the door and thank God no one was hurt. She shudders to think that if she had not been belted in, she would have been thrown out of the taxi together with Oscar. Was a horrifying experience for her and the more she thought about it, the sicker she felt.

Actually, both Elke and I have always remembered to keep the doors lock. Except for last Thursday!!!! Excuses? I dropped my CashCard while driving out of Tanglin Shopping Centre and opened the car door to get it. After that, I conveniently forgot to lock. As for her, she was busy chatting with a friend till she forgot about the door. Both mothers forgot and both sons reached out their little hands to open the door!

It's a huge reminder to us as mothers. Always always remember all these safety details. No point regretting after something has happened. Must always be extra cautious and mindful with the little ones around! Thank you God for watching over us!


1 comment:

  1. Phew...that's was closed. Is there a child-lock in your car?

    ReplyDelete