Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Joshie's first eye check-up

Joshie enjoying his ride at the Curve during our recent 3-day trip back to KL.

I've been wanting to bring Joshie for an eye check-up ever since he turned 1. Reason is to check for any eye squint. I had squint since I was a child and only went for surgery to realign my eye mucles in 2006. I still go back to the orthoptist for yearly check ups to ensure that I am still using both eyes to see. Since eye squint can be inherited, it is imperative that Joshie be checked before he turns 3, so as to enable us to train his brain to always use 2 eyes to see. Otherwise, surgery will be needed.

OK, back to the eye-check. The doctor, KC Chu is based at a clinic along Jalan Ipoh. She's very patient with kids. She brought out some toys to capture Joshie's attention and her checks were all very quick. Besides checking for squint, she also checked for any signs of shortsightedness since hubby and I both wear glasses. Joshie was very co-operative and answered most of her questions.

End result? Thank God he doesn't have squint. His eyes are fine. But since children's eyes are still developing, he needs to be checked every year till he turns 7.

2 comments:

  1. glad to hear that he is ok :) hmm..so children should be checked every year?

    ReplyDelete