Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 4, 2009

My plan failed! Miserably.......

Joshie loves to pick things/dirt up from the floor and put it in his mouth. No matter how often I mop the floor, there's bound to be some dirt anyway.........so I thought I'd teach him a lesson! I THOUGHT!

I decided to buy some bitter gourd, cut it into tiny tiny pieces (resembles dirt on the floor) and put the pieces on the floor. So I went to the market, bought a bitter gourd, came back and cut out 10 extremely tiny pieces and scattered them on the kitchen and living room floor. So when Joshie woke up from his nap, I put him on the floor, and he started crawling. He came upon the first tiny piece. As usual, he picked it up with his little fingers and put it into his mouth. I was staring at him non-stop. His facial expression changed a little but then, he continued chewing. Chew, chew, chew........as though it was something tasty! I was surprised and decided to try one myself. So, I picked up the next tiny piece and put it into my mouth. OMG, it was so bitter! I quickly drank some water to wash down the bitterness. And all this while, the little cheeky ate his first tiny piece and already put a 2nd piece into his little mouth. Plan failed!

This morning, after he had his oatmeal cereal, I cut more bittergourd and placed it on his high chair tray. I wanted to test him again......

"Hmnn, what's this tiny greenish stuff? Lemme pick it up and taste it"

And so, as you can see, Joshie was enjoying the bittergourd pieces............hubby said that we should be pleased that he is such a health conscious baby! =)



4 comments:

  1. he seems enjoying it hoh.. :) actually it's difficult to stop them from putting things in mouth hoh.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, is difficult! I always put my finger into his mouth and try to dig out whatever dirt he has picked up from the floor

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, he's a health freak! Next try shd be fresh lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahhahaa....I guess he loves food that taste bitter :D Have to really watch the little one like a hawk...*sigh* Ashley too liked to put stuff into her mouth when she was younger.

    ReplyDelete