Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Shopping with a baby who refuses to sit in the stroller

It has always been difficult to get Joshie to sit happily in his stroller. Even as a newborn, he would whimper and cry till we have no choice but to carry him. So you can imagine how difficult it is for me to go out with him alone. Thank God we have a car here in Singapore, or else I can't imagine myself taking public transport with a baby in the carrier.

When he was younger (before 8 months old), he would at least sit in the stroller for at least a good 30 minutes before screaming his lungs out. But after he started cruising and now walking, he would protest the minute we strap him in. I have even tried ignoring his cries and continue pushing him in the stroller but that does not work. He is very determined and would not give up.

So how do I shop for clothes when I am out with him alone? I remember several months back, when he was a 7 month old, I needed to get some night wear from La Senza. I couldn't squeeze the stroller into the fitting room, so I chose the furthest room and parked the stroller right in front of the door while I quickly tried my clothes. Luckily no one caught a glimpse =P.

And just today, we were out shopping at Ion Orchard. I think we went in to 4 shops and I tried a total of at least 10 pieces of clothing. Now that he can walk, he actually walked out of the 2 curtain-covered fitting rooms when I was trying on my clothes. And yours truly had to hurriedly clothe herself and go running after him. AND let me tell you what happened at our final stop...........I had taken of my T-shirts and shorts and was about to try on the final piece of clothing. This little cheeky pushed the door wide open (the latch was a bit shaky so I guess with a bit of force you can actually unlock the door easily) and I quickly grabbed my clothes to cover myself while shouting to the salesgirl to close the door. And in the midst of all this, I was also trying to reach out to grab the little cheeky's hand before he walked out of the shop!!! The interesting and embarassing part was that the fitting room is not secluded but actually faces the pathway which would have been filled with shoppers on a weekend. Thank God it's a weekday!

I am not planning anymore clothes-shopping trip with the little cheeky!

2 comments:

  1. hahhhaha....i was trying to imagine what happened and can't help laughing. Joshie is really cheeky. Well, you can still go shopping but must bring daddy along :D Ashley didn't mind sitting the stroller last time BUT she'll scream murder each time we walk into a clothing store *shake head*

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh... next clothes shopping will have to with daddy along ya... and Joshie is such an active boy, can't blame him that he couldn't sit in the stroller..

    ReplyDelete