Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Joshua @ 19 months

Time flies.........my little boy will turn 19 months in a few hours time. I feel that he has grown a lot in recent months; both physically and mentally. As much as I enjoy his growing process, I miss the little baby that he was and wish that he would take his own sweet time to grow up.

Just look at him in the above picture. Sleep like a big boy, on a single bed and with the covers pulled up to his chest. It's been a month since he "graduated" from his baby cot and he has been sleeping well in his new bed. He has learnt to sleep independently again and can self-soothe to sleep most of the time during his night wakings.

In terms of speech, there has been a "diarrhoea" of words in the past month. He surprises me when he uses words that I hardly or never use with him. Just a couple of hours ago, he surprised me when he picked up his toy comb and told me "comb". I don't remember ever telling him that. And he has been really good at immitating the words that we use. He can even repeat a whole sentence after us, simple sentences like "Dear God, Thank you for the food I eat. Amen".

He is still quite picky with food but I have realised that he prefers porridge to pasta now. So I have decided to cook porridge every alternate day. Other days I'll just feed him rice with dishes and maybe experiment with new recipes.

It's a joy to spend time with him everyday. Although he can drive me crazy with his over-dependence and clingyness, especially when I need to get some housework done, I am thankful that God has blessed me with a healthy, active child. He loves to "ride" on mummy, pretending that mummy is a horse and would giggle away happily when he is on my back. When he is in the mood, he'll shower me with wet kisses too =). I am really grateful that God has blessed us so much and that we are financially stable enough for me to give up my job and raise my child.

3 comments:

  1. Heloo.... u have a career! U're a mom, wonderful mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving up a job to be a mother is the greatest thing you have done!! :D Happy 19 months Joshie, and wishing him healthy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, his speech is really good :D well done Joshie :D

    ReplyDelete