Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Very disappointed


Look at Joshie. Doesn't he look very disappointed? Haha........I wanted to attach a picture of our stroller and this was the first I came across.
Ok, serious matter! Both hubby and I are really very disappointed with Bugaboo. We purchased a stroller, the Bugaboo Bee in June 2008. It ain't cheap, I tell you. Yeah, I know there are other more expensive strollers like Stokke but we paid RM2,300 for this one. We were intially contemplating on MacLaren but the Bee looks much sturdier. And it is also lighter than Peg Perego or Quinny. So bearing all this factors in mind, we went ahead and purchased the Bee for the baby that was then swimming in my tummy.
Eight months after the cheeky was born, we discovered that the frame was slightly tilted to one side. And the handles were kinda stuck, ie we have difficulty lenghtening or shortening them. We brought it to the The First Few Years at The Curve (that's where we purchased the stroller) and the kind assistants helped us to oil them. But they said we need to request for a replacement frame. So we filled up the relevant form at the shop and also went home to lodge a complaint online. And that's when I also discovered from their website that there has been problems with the brake for 2008 Bee models, and they were giving out adapters to fix the problem. Of course I wasn't too happy with this additional brake problem (my brake at the time was still ok) but I thought I shouldn't be so fussy since they are rectifying it. That was in June 2009.
Now, it's April 2010. And we are still waiting for our replacement frame. Ok, the brake adapters were delivered to us a couple of weeks after we filled up the form and we were only beginning to start using them as our brake problem has emerged!!!!!!!!!!!! We have gone in and out of the First Few Years at Paragon, Singapore several times but the staff said that Bugaboo has not reverted although they have reminded them repeatedly. We are disappointed and angry!!!! Wouldn't you? Pay so much for a stroller and this is what we get. So early this month, hubby re-filed the complaint and emailed them too. This time, there was a reply...........
In accordance to a new service procedure agreement, it is unfortunate to advise that the claim has not been processed – due to the lack of information provided.
Please fill in the official service request form (see attached). This has to be filled in and emailed for ALL claims. Discard all OLD FORMS..
OK fine! My heart was boiling but I downloaded the form anyway. It was the same form which we filled up at The First Few Years, Singapore. I wrote a reply, not a very nice one but I don't care. Just want to get this problem fixed. I will never ever purchase a Bugaboo stroller anymore.
Updated 10 April:
I went to The First Few Years, Singapore to complain again and this time the staff said that my complaint has been processed and that my frame would arrive in two weeks' time. She told me not to fill up the new form again. I am puzzled.....seems like there's miscommunication amongst Bugaboo staff? Well, let me wait and see if my frame arrives......

4 comments:

  1. OH... such a lousy service.. complain.. you pay high price enough to own one of the best strollers! hopefully this can be settle soon, and Joshie got a 'stable' stroller to use.. but how nice that Joshie want to be in a stroller.. Breanna swim herself out, and then stand on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arghh!! Reading your post makes me boil too!!! The biggest differences between a cheap stroller and an expensive one, I believe are the service & the safety lor... Lidis... who la wanna buy some more?? KEEP COMPLAINING UNTIL THEY GIVE IN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support, gals.....will go all out to make sure they give in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cynthia, Joshie will only sit in the stroller for a while before he "swims" out too.....but with a bottle of milk, he can sit quite long and sometimes i bribe him with food...hehe......And at times, I tell him that if he doesn't sit in the stroller, we won't go "kai-kai" that often

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh boy. such an expensive stroller and yet so many problems :( i would be boiling too and phone the staff every week to remind them :D

    ReplyDelete