Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Updates on potty training

He is not wearing diapers at home anymore and there's been very minimal accidents. But the problem is, he is half-naked. Otherwise, he'll conveniently pee/poo in his pants. So next month onwards, I'll try to let him wear pants at home and keep reminding him to pee/poo. Also must teach him to pull down his pants whenever he needs to relieve himself.

Not much problem getting him to poo in the potty like before. I used to bribe him with vitamins, hehe....told him he could have a vitamin after doing his big business and that was very attractive to him. He loves his Pureen Kids colostrum chewies. Oh, and this morning, I had a good laugh. Right after he did his business, he stood up, looked into the potty and said "snake, ssss sssss..." Yes, indeed his poop looked like brown snakes! Haha, pardon me for describing my son's poop, I know it's very disgusting. Thousand apologies =P

I am now confident enough to let him go diaperless when we go for short outings. Of course it means more 'work' for me as I need to constantly bring him to the washroom, maybe every 90 minutes and get him to pee. But it's slowly working out for us, so I have no complains. =)

However, we'll be going on a 10 day holiday end of this month and I am not sure how this potty training will end up. From experience, when we went back to KL for a week plus, he seemed to 'forget' everything again and had a few accidents. Thus, for now, I'll just let things be and observe again when we come back next month =)

1 comment: