Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Keeping Joshie still on the high chair

Lynette mentioned in her blog a week ago that her two boys always make a big "hu ha" while eating. I am so relieved that I am not the only mother struggling to keep her child still on the high chair during meal times. At home, I'd scold and even beat his little hand when he misbehaves. Of course he'd bawl, but I don't care, since there's no onlookers! =P Better to discipline at home instead of in public.

To me, behaving during meal times is very imperative. I do not tolerate nonsense from him, mainly because I want to make sure he finishes his main meal. Also, I do not have a maid and most of the time, I am the only one handling him during feeding time. When he eats, I eat too, so he must be in the high chair and not wandering around the house. When we dine out, it's also just hubby & I with the cheeky; we all eat together so we make sure he sits in the high chair from the time we order our food till we finish eating. It's definitely not easy to keep him still, especially if he has finished his food, so usually I'd shove "toys" to him...........his toys brought from home and anything else I can find in the restaurant...........the plastic cutleries, plates, wet tissue, packets of salt/sugar etc etc..........

These pictures were taken last Saturday at an eatery at the Pan Pacific services apartments.











5 comments:

  1. nice bibs! lucas can't sit still too. sometime i do let him run around while i feed him just to shove a few more spoonful to his mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* At least Joshie will play with his toys... Maine only wants to stand on the high chair and perform stunts... We can no longer put her into the high chairs nowadays...

    He is getting cuter and cuter!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jia you! I'm sure he can stay 'guai guai' in his highchair... I still remember during my time, I wasn't allowed to play with my cousins when we dine out cuz my mum will punish when I got home. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. good job mommy :) i cannot tolerate misbehaving during meal time too and i am quite a military mom :D i used to strap ashley on the highchair most of the time..even when she was watching tv...hahhahaahhahaah. of course now that she is too big for highchair, she'll go wandering around during meal time *slaps forehead* i have to bring out the rotan :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hui hui, Agnes, Barb, Diane.......as I said, I can't afford to let him misbehave since I haf no help....hehe, so will just scold n scoild lar......barb, hopefully Joshie will always sit still when he is older

    ReplyDelete